We are now recruiting
Full time Senior Sous Chef required. We can offer a competitive salary based upon experience.
We are searching for a creative and motivated Senior Sous Chef to join our talented kitchen team.
Job title: Senior Sous Chef
Salary: Competetive and based on experience
The Chequered Skipper is a unique village pub in an idyllic country setting located on Ashton village green, near Oundle. We have a busy restaurant, bar and function room along with various large outside seating areas. We are a restaurant and event venue, catering for up to 120 people for events/weddings as well as up to 60 people for the restaurant.
We are a small expanding business with lots of exciting new projects on the horizon. We appreciate and value our team members and work alongside them to create a professional and enjoyable environment to work in.
We are searching for a creative and motivated Senior Sous Chef to join our talented kitchen team. In this position, you will act in a supporting role in our kitchen, assisting our Head Chef’s requirements and guidelines. Our ideal candidate is creative and professional and who is willing to participate in creating delicious seasonal menus and meal designs.
Your duties will include responding to customer issues, and developing new menu options. You should have excellent communication skills with in-depth knowledge of several cooking methods, ingredients, equipment, and processes.
- Develop new menu options based on seasonal changes and customer demand
- Assist with the preparation and planning of meal designs
- Ensure that kitchen activities operate in a timely manner
- Resolve customer problems and concerns personally
- Monitor and record inventory, and if necessary, order new supplies
- Provide support to junior kitchen employees with various tasks including line cooking, food preparation, and dish plating
- Recruit and train new kitchen employees to meet restaurant and kitchen standards
- Create schedules for kitchen employees and evaluate their performance
- Adhere to and implement sanitation regulations and safety regulations
- Manage the kitchen team in the Head Chef's absence
If you are interested, and would like an informal chat before applying, please call Paul on 07832 036864, or April on 07488 248201.
Alternatively you can apply, enclosing your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you very soon.