Privacy & Cookies
What we do with your personally identifiable information
It is always up to you whether to disclose personally identifiable information to us, although if you elect not to do so, we reserve the right not to register you as a user or provide you with any products or services. "Personally identifiable information" means information that can be used to identify you as an individual, such as, for example:
- Your name, company, email address, phone number, and address
- Your computer’s domain name and IP address, indicating where your computer is located on the Internet
If you do provide personally identifiable information to us, we will:
- Neither sell, rent nor provide it to a third party without your permission. We may use your contact information to provide you with information we believe you need to know or may find useful, such as (for example) news about our services and products and modifications to the Terms of Service;
- Take commercially reasonable precautions to protect the information from loss, misuse and unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration and destruction;
- Not use or disclose the information except:
- as necessary to provide services or products you have ordered
- in the aggregate with other information in such a way so that your identity cannot reasonably be determined (for example, statistical compilations)
- as required by law, for example, in response to a subpoena or search warrant
- to outside auditors who have agreed to keep the information confidential
- as necessary to enforce the Terms of Service
- as necessary to protect the rights, safety, or property of Chequered Skipper, its users, or others. This may include (for example) exchanging information with other organisations for fraud protection and/or risk reduction.
Other information we collect
We may collect other information that cannot be readily used to identify you, such as (for example) the domain name and IP address of your computer. We may use this information, individually or in the aggregate, for technical administration of our website; research and development; customer and account administration; and to help us focus our marketing efforts more precisely.
Cookies are small text files that are downloaded to your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. Your browser sends these cookies back to the website every time you visit the site again so it can recognise you as a return visitor and improve your experience.
There is nothing especially secret about the information gathered by cookies, but you may be concerned that your web behaviour is being used to target you for special offers. For transparency we provide a list of our third party tracking cookies with information about how to opt out of them if you wish.
Google Analytics is a service offered by Google that generates detailed statistics about the visitors to a website. Their cookies are used to store details how long a visitor spends on a website and where they came from.
The Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on is available for Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari and Opera. Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on
External data storage sites
We may store your data on servers provided by third party hosting vendors with whom we have contracted.
Your privacy responsibilities
To help protect your privacy, be sure to take customary precautions to guard against malware (viruses, Trojan horses, bots, etc.), for example by installing and updating suitable anti-virus software.